Three Weeks, 40 Films, Two Thumbs Up
Boca Raton, FL (February 6, 2018) – It’s time for ‘lights, camera, action’ as The Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center’s Sandler Center kicks off its much-anticipated Boca Raton Jewish Film Festival (BRJFF), which runs from March 4 – March 24, 2018. Up from just one week during its inaugural year, this year’s BRJFF boasts three weeks of compelling, entertaining and thought-provoking films about people and cultures around the globe – all with a Jewish theme or connection. Films – 33 features and 7 shorts – will be screened at Regal Shadowood 16 in Boca Raton from March 4-17 and the Movies of Delray from March 18-23. The Festival closes on March 24th in Zinman Hall on the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County’s campus. Select screenings include appearances by special guests, including directors, producers, subjects of documentaries, as well as facilitated discussions and “Q & A” sessions.
“In this second annual festival year we are proud to present an unsurpassed line-up of outstanding films and speakers for your education and entertainment. We hope you leave the theater feeling as passionate about cutting-edge Jewish films as we do,” said Wendy Honig and Lesley Rich, BRJFF Artistic Director and BRJFF Program & Production Director, respectively.
To review the full 2018 Program Guide including dates, show times, a synopsis of each film, theater location and more, or to purchase tickets, please visit bocajff.org. Tickets are also available by calling 561-558-2520 or by visiting the Levis JCC Sandler Center Box Office located at 21050 95th Avenue S., Boca Raton. Individual tickets are $13 and Festival Passes start at $325.00.
Fast Facts about the 2018 BRJFF Line-Up:
- Films represent 17 countries
- 15 Palm Beach Premieres, 4 US Premieres, 1 International Premiere, 1 World Premiere
- Number of Films in Each Category: 7 Shorts, 4 Comedies, 18 Features, 4 Thrillers, 11 Documentaries, 2 Women Series, 2 LBGTQ, 15 Israeli Films
“Know Before You Show”:
- Regal Shadowood 16, 9889 Glades Rd., Boca Raton (March 4-17)
- Movies of Delray, 7421 W. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach (March 18-23)
- Zinman Hall, on the campus of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County, 9901 Donna Klein Blvd., Boca Raton (March 24)
- Ticket holders must be in their seats at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled film. Those arriving less than 10 minutes before the film begins cannot be guaranteed a seat.
- There is limited handicapped seating available; must be requested when purchasing tickets.
- Tickets ordered by phone can be picked up at the movie theater’s Customer Service Desk or at the Levis JCC Sandler Center 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Please call to confirm that tickets are ready for pick up. BRJFF reserves the right to request proper identification before releasing tickets. All tickets sales are final. There will be no refunds or returns of tickets.
- In the event of a sellout, a standby list will be created at the theater. Those wishing to add their name to the standby list must do so in person at the theater on the day of the screening. No email or phone requests for the standby list will be accepted.
- Should a circumstance happen that is beyond the control of the Levis JCC or any of its partners, a film may be rescheduled or cancelled without prior notice.
- All cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off prior to the introduction of each film.
- The use of cameras or cell phones to take pictures is strictly prohibited in the theater.
About The Boca Raton Jewish Film Festival
The mission of the Boca Raton Jewish Film Festival is to provide the newest, most stimulating and thought provoking films that encourage audiences to expand their awareness and understanding of the Jewish world and engage in dialogue to explore the many diverse perspectives portrayed by the films presented.
About the Levis JCC Sandler Center
The Levis JCC’s Phyllis & Harvey Sandler Center, which highlights renowned talent from artists and actors to authors and so much more, gives adults of all ages and faiths an opportunity to connect with others who share similar interests in continuing education, travel and social events. Learn more at levisjcc.org/culture.
About the Levis JCC
The Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center is the cornerstone of the South Palm Beach County Jewish community and a place for thousands to connect each year. promotes and enhances Jewish culture, heritage and values through educational, spiritual, social, wellness and recreational programs for individuals of all ages. With a preschool, summer camp, family activities, athletics, cultural arts, adult enrichment and special needs programming, as well as a Thrift Shop for bargain hunters, the Levis JCC offers something for everyone. Learn more at levisjcc.org.
About Arts & Learning Memberships
A&L Platinum Memberships ($550) and A&L Gold Memberships ($75) are offered on a yearly basis September 1 – August 31. Gold Members enjoy significant discounts and Platinum Members enjoy a vast selection of programs at no cost. Combined Levis JCC Sports & Wellness and A&L members enjoy special discounts. For membership details and a complete list of benefits, call the Sandler Center at 561-558-2520. Membership is not required to attend programs.
The mission of the Adolph and Rose Levis Jewish Community Center is to preserve, transmit and strengthen Jewish continuity by enriching personal, cultural, social and physical development. The Center shall foster leadership, enhance education, create a neighborhood of commonality for Jews of all beliefs, promote the welfare of the Jewish community and the community as a whole, and affirm the significance of the State of Israel.